- In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and disclose it, and what controls you have over our use of it. We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) http://www.oaic.gov.au provides further details of the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and how it protects personal information in Australia.
The information that we collect
In our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer via Campion websites, feedback surveys, establish an account with us, submit an after-purchase enquiry or when you call, email or fax our customer service team or when you apply for employment with us.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
We will only collect personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that we collect are set out below.
1.Information that you provide to us
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account or subscribe to a newsletter. This can include:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- information regarding your experiences with our products and services;
- employment and company information such as the name of your employer and you position.
2. Information that we collect from your use of our Websites and Application
When you use a Website or Application, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- Location information: if you permit a Website or Application to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device.
- Transaction information: we collect your transaction details when you place an order, including the products you have ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged.
- Device information: We may collect information about your device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
- Other information: We may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website or Application.
3. Information that we collect from third parties
In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from legitimate third party sources including social media sites and list broker and other data providers that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or they have your permission to do so. This may include:
- When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf;
- When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us, such as when we access purchasing information through our business partners or are provided data by a list broker;
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect, from any use by them that we have not authorised.
- The aggregated data (not the PII) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your PII may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
- If we need to provide the information to a third party in order to fulfil our services to you (eg setting up digital access with publishers or content providers).
What else we do with your information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To process any transactions that you might make on our sites.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
You will be given an option to opt-out of our promotional emails. If you opt-in, but eventually decide to opt-out, you can do so by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in one of such promotional emails.
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer), what domain you are accessing our site from, and visit duration.
We use Google Analytics to collect this data, which helps us track traffic patterns to our website, display the most relevant content, understand user behaviour on the website and therefore make informed decisions about optimising your user experience. You can find more information about Google Analytics and privacy here.
A number of Google Analytics Advertising Features, such as Remarketing and Interest-based Advertising, may also be used from time to time on Campion websites. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visits to our website.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores program.
Our advertisers and business partners
Your payment information
Campion does not store your credit card details. A high-strength encryption facility on your computer converts your credit card details into a format that currently is considered to be impossible to break into. The card details are sent to the Campion server which forwards them securely to the banking network.
Changes to this policy
Accessing your information
The Australian Privacy Act of 1988 gives you the right to access and correct the information we hold.
If you do not want to receive any communication from us or would like to amend or update your personal details you can do so by contacting us via email@example.com or by post to:
Campion Education Privacy Officer
Unit 1/170 Rooks Road
Nunawading VIC 3131.
We will do all that we can to assist you, however if you are not satisfied with our response you may then take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).