Retail stores – Terms and Conditions
Refunds are considered on textbooks in original condition within 14 days of purchase or before 17th February 2017, whichever is later. Digital/Electronic products are firm sale and are non-refundable. Items such as CDs / DVDs / Book Packs are considered for exchange or refund only if in original packaging (including shrinkwrapping). Exchanges and refunds will be made on any goods deemed faulty from the manufacturer. You must present your receipt for exchange, refund or for warranty.
Digital Resources – License Agreement
The License Agreement is a legal agreement between you and Campion Education for the use of digital publications supplied by us for use in our purpose built readers, which includes electronic book material, and may include “online” or electronic documentation (“eText / eBook”). You agree to be bound by the terms of this licence by downloading your copy of this material.
The eText / eBook is protected by Australian copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The eText / eBook is licensed, not sold.
Grant of licence
Under this licence, Campion Education grants you with a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence. This licence does not include the right to sub-license or distribute the eText / eBook to any other individual or entity.
The Licence Term commences from the date of download of the eText / eBook and expires in 12 (Twelve) months, unless otherwise stated.
Description of other rights and limitations
• Not for Resale – The eText / eBook must not be resold, or otherwise transferred.
• Rental – You must not rent or lease the eText / eBook.
• Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation, and Disassembly – You must not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or remove any password protection used in the eText / eBook.
• File Transfer – You must not allow copying of the eText / eBook including, but not limited to, copying through file sharing networks.
• Marks of Ownership – You must not remove or alter any mark of ownership, copyright, trademark watermarks or other property right which is embodied in the eText / eBook including its documentation.
• Copyright – All title, copyright and intellectual property rights in and to the eText / eBook, and any installation of the eText / eBook are owned by the relevant publisher and/or author. Storage of this intellectual property by any means electronic or otherwise, which is contrary to this licence agreement, may result in prosecution.
• Termination – Without prejudice to any other rights, Campion Education may terminate this licence if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this licence.
You must not export or otherwise transfer the eText / eBook from your country of residence, including, without limitation, to a country or jurisdiction whose laws allow or mandate loss of the title and intellectual property rights.
Governing laws and jurisdiction
This licence is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Campion Education’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy, shall be, at Campion Education’s discretion, either refund of the Licence Fee, if any applies, or repair or replacement of the eText / eBook that does not meet this warranty and that is returned to Campion Education. This warranty is void if failure of the eText / eBook has resulted from accident, abuse or misapplication.
No other warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Campion Education disclaims all other warranties and conditions, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with regard to the eText / eBook. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may nevertheless have the benefit of certain rights or remedies pursuant to consumer protection acts and laws. This warranty does not preclude such rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, in no event shall Campion Education be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for the loss of Profits, Interruption, loss of Information, or any other Pecuniary Loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the eText / eBook even if Campion Education has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, Campion Education total liability under any provision of this eText / eBook shall be limited to the amount of the Licence Fee, if any.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact your local Campion Education office OR email your questions to eLicensing@campion.com.au